How to get rid of fleas
Do you have fleas in your home? Do you find it hard to get rid of them? Do you want to know How to get rid of fleas? Fleas can make your life terrible with sleepless nights. They normally survive on the warm vertebrates. Therefore, anyone can be their host that might be your dog, cat, rabbit, or even you. It is difficult to prevent their prevalence as their eggs can drop anywhere and they can turn to fleas anytime even after a year. Moreover, it is not easy to kill the eggs of the fleas. That makes it more difficult to get rid of them.
If you are looking for some tips to know how to get rid of a flea infestation, then you will have to be very careful while taking the preventive measures. You need to observe it carefully to prevent any reappearance. Whenever you notice any appearance, take precautions to prevent the spreading.
Are you looking for some effective ways to make the process easier? If yes, you can go through the followings to know how to get rid of fleas and to prevent their recurrence.
How to get rid of fleas
Find out the source
Before planning to kill the fleas, first, you need to find out the source. You should have the proper idea about where the infestation came from. If it has come from your pet, then you need to visit a vet to get rid of it. Moreover, you should not allow your pet to roam inside until your pet is free from the flea. If you feel that you have fleas in your home, then you should not allow your pet to come inside as the chances of spreading will be more. They can easily hide in your pets and can make the condition worse for you.
If you think that it has come from the carpet or any other home furniture, then make sure that you have cleaned the infected things with the hot water to kill both the fleas and eggs. Remember that a simple wash cannot help you much. Eggs can survive easily. Soak the things in the hot water for at least fifteen minutes and then wash it. If you will not take the required precautions, they can come to you as well. Therefore, make sure that you are following all the safety measuring while trying to get rid of the fleas.
Clean your home
A clean environment is important to eradicate the flea from your home. If you want to know how to get rid of fleas naturally, then first you will have to clean your home. Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping can help you get rid of the eggs and fleas from the tile, carpets, wood floors, and upholstery.
Though the fleas live on the pets, but their eggs can be left anywhere that includes the pet’s bedding, your furniture, floors, carpets, cars, clothes, and any possible place where your pet visits. If you feel that the fleas have come from your pets, then first you need to ensure that all the surrounding areas are properly cleaned. You need to clean everything that comes into the contact with the pets.
While cleaning your home, you need to follow some safety measures to prevent the reappearance and to destroy the sources completely. You can consider the followings to make the cleaning more effective and to get a lasting result.
• You will have to throw the bag just after you vacuum. If you leave it as it is the egg will hatch inside the bag and can come out anytime. Therefore, it is important to throw the bag just after the cleaning to avoid such possibility.
• While cleaning the pet bedding, make sure that you have cleaned all the things properly with hot water. You need to clean all the stuff that your pet use instead of cleaning the bed covers only. The eggs might have hidden somewhere inside and you will not be able to get rid of the fleas in the presence of the eggs.
• You will have to sweep or mop the wood floors and tile as the fleas love to hide in the dark places. You will also have to clean your baseboard. They can hide in your baseboards as well.
• You need to wash your pet toys. Fleas and their egg might hide in the toys and other stuff.
• You will have to clean your clothes and bedding if your pet comes in contact with all those things.
• You need to clean all these things in the hot water to kill them.
• Repeat the cleaning two times in a month to prevent reappearance.
How to get rid of fleas completely
If all these methods do not prove effective to kill the fleas, you can use the chemicals to kill them and to kill the sources. Hot cleaning is the natural way to get rid of fleas. If it does not help much and you experience reappearance, then you can use chemicals to kill the fleas and their eggs. Different types of the chemicals are available in the current market to kill the fleas. You can choose any of them. But while choosing the chemical, make sure that these are not harmful to pet and humans. Moreover, you need to follow all the safety measures while applying them.
Is there any preventive measure?
You will find many preventive measures to keep the fleas at bay. In fact, prevention is must if you want to avoid any reoccurrence. You can use flea medicine for the dogs if your pet spends most of the time outside. You can take the help of your vet to know which medicine will work well for your pet. In addition, consider the followings.
• Comb your pets four to five times in a week.
• Do not allow your pets to roam around the bedrooms, garages, and basement.
• Clean the carpets regularly.
• Keep the home environment clean.
• Use hot water to clean the bedding and stuff of your pet.
You can follow these simple tips to get rid of fleas and their eggs.
you can read How to kill fleas